Part of that purpose is to urge the visitor to take a next step.
Technically this is a “call to action.”
It’s breathtaking how many digital conversations lack this critical ingredient. Without one, it forces the visitor, reader or recipient of your message to
Urging the Next Logical Step
Like the unfinished sentence above, the lack of an appropriate call to action leaves your communication incomplete. As if the next step is self-evident.
What do you want to happen next? Provide leadership by suggesting a way forward.
Effective website writing always includes a call to action on every page:
• It avoids forcing the reader to think
• It shows your leadership and direction
• It moves the visitor closer to a buying decision
A website’s call to action can be a button, anchor text link or an image that transports the visitor to the next logical step on their journey.
Overlook this important detail and your digital communication is less effective.
Sample Health Care Action Steps
The call to action that you’ll find throughout this website is to arrange a free, no-obligation Content Consultation. That’s the next logical step.
However, in a health care setting, especially for a practice, there are many possible action steps:
• Ready to get begin care? Give us a call.
• We’d love to meet you and answer your questions.
• These types of problems rarely get better on their own. Begin care today.
• Are you a good candidate for acupuncture? Find out!
• Arrange a tour of our practice and meet the team.
• Have you subscribed to our newsletter? It’s a great way to learn more.
• We’re happy to field phone calls to answer any question not answered here.
• Request an appointment today and take the first step to better health.
• If you have questions not answered here, give us a call.
• Questions? Concerns? Give us a call and put your mind at ease.
• Still have questions? Use the Email link and we’ll get right back to you.
• What else would you like to know? Email your question using the link below.
Choose the most appropriate call to action based on the context in which it appears. Overreach, or try to move the visitor too far or too fast, and nothing happens.
Similarly, if you offer two (or more) choices, don’t be surprised if visitors choose neither.
Act Now to Upgrade Your Website Content
Ready to discuss your writing project? Do you have a question or unique situation?
Arrange a free, no-obligation Content Consultation today. Take the next step toward better conversion and a greater return on your digital marketing investment.